Our Permaculture Life: Three short films about Calendula - Part 1:how to grow and use

Three short films about Calendula - Part 1:how to grow and use


Calendula (Calendula officinalis) is such a wonderful plant to have in your edible landscape - beautiful, hardy, easy to grow, adaptable, long blooming, attractive to beneficial insects, few pest problems, wonderful medicinal and culinary uses.

I have just made a three part series of films about Calendula. It is widely recognised for its healing and culinary uses. These films share some simple ways to grow, harvest and use this valuable plant.



 Part 1: How to grow and use Calendula.

I can't imagine my winter permaculture garden without Calendula. It's so beautiful and useful. It grows in temperate and subtropical areas, likes the sun and well drained soil. Plant it in late summer/autumn and within 8-10 weeks you can be enjoying the blooms. Before the lovely flowers come though, you can be harvesting leaves to eat raw or cooked.

You can watch this now here...



Over the next 2 weeks on my YouTube channel, and here on my blog, I will post parts 2 and 3.
A little while ago, I wrote a blog post about eating the leaves. You can find this post here:  http://our-permaculture-life.blogspot.com.au/2017/08/3-simple-uses-for-calendula-leaves.html



I hope you enjoyed reading and watching. Feel free to share.


Subscribe to Morag Gamble's Newsletter




Subscribe to my YouTube channel:

To receive direct notification of all my films, you can subscribe my YouTube channel. Just click the red subscribe button on my YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/c/moraggambleourpermaculturelife

Thank you to my Patreon community:

If have enjoyed my blog and youtube channel, you may like to consider becoming my patron too. I think of it like a subscription to a magazine you like - but this one is online. From $1/month, you can be part of my the Our Permaculture Life supporter network. Click here to find out more:  https://www.patreon.com/moraggamble.

Labels: , , , , , , ,